All great relationships are based on great Communication. And, FamChat is specifically designed to support Family Communication.
First, FamChat is completely private and secure. Family members can share information they would never share in social media. Second, FamChat incorporates the best of email, text, and social media, while mitigating their biggest shortcomings. Kids don’t typically use email. Text can become far to hectic… “ding, ding, ding”. And Social is… well, too social! Third, and most importantly, FamChat can be used as a general communication tool. And, it can be used directly from any record in FamPlan (like Events or Contacts).
What this means to your family is that FamChats stay with the record they came from, so you can easily find the information you need, when you need it!
Try this exercise:
- Find one of the Events you added to FamSync (the calendar) on Day 3.
- Click on the Title to go to the Event record’s Detail page.
- Click the “Post on This Record” button below the colored bar.
- Type (or dictate) a FamChat applicable to the entire family.
- Click on all of their Profile Pics below “Who Would You Like to Notify?”.
- Click Post
By clicking on a Family Member’s Profile Pic, you have sent them a “Notification”. FYI, this is a “purposeful” action. You can teach the kids what kinds of messages warrant a notification (as in, “interrupting Mom or Dad) and what kinds do not.
More on strategy in future lessons. For now, start FamChatting!
And, Happy Parenting!